We practice barbless fly only and catch and release with the exception of Rainbow Trout on all of our waters, please read the note below on Salmon
Release ALL salmon.
- Always carry an appropriate knotless net, never beach a fish.
- Always carry a Ketchum or similar appropriate disgorger.
- Before starting to fish look to ensure a suitable place to net it.
- Do not use treble hooks in any form of fishing.
- Ensure barbs are fully closed on double and single hooks.
- Play the fish as quickly as possible.
- Keep the fish in the net in the water whist unhooking and photographing.
- Never pick the fish up by the wrist ( tail ).
- When releasing gently hold the fish with its head upstream and be patient, it will swim off when it is ready.
- During extended hot weather and low flows salmon will be stressed anyway and we recommend not fishing in these conditions.